It wasn’t intentional, at least the scheduling wasn’t intentional. However, last night there was a power outage and our servers crashed and then came back on. What is different, though, is that the firewall server is now running Forefront TMG instead of the old ISA 2006. This is much better, of course, but previously I hadn’t been able to get it to work properly.
As you can see, it’s working now. This means that the configuration I had was working just fine. When the servers rebooted, the new server came up first and took over the network and became the production firewall server. I only found out because I hadn’t put the new mail certificate on the listener. The old server came up second, but because it has the same IP address, it couldn’t connect to anything.
I needed to upgrade it because it was running Windows Server 2003 and the old version of the firewall. The new version is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 and is all current and up to date.
It seems to be faster, too.
I’ve turned off the old server and deleted it’s virtual hard drive. No going back now!