I have finally done it. I have migrated the entire site to the Windows platform. I tried this once before, but I couldn’t make it work. The server is now running on Windows and IIS with roughly the same performance I was getting with Linux. So – it was fun and I’ve learned a little. I’ve also learned that I really didn’t like the Gallery 2 software that I upgraded the photo gallery to, so I downgraded it back to the previous version. The old version is actually much faster.
Not that there weren’t a few hiccups along the way and that things don’t quite work the same as they did before. At least, though, I can now log in to the gallery and add some more pictures – which I’d lost the ability to do when some Linux patch changed something on my system… couldn’t figure that one out.